West Virginia Healthy People Healthy Places
Recognizing the communities that make West Virginia a healthier place to live.
Pledge to apply before August 15th, 2020 and your community will get help and a headstart towards achieving recognition as one of West Virginia’s healthiest places.
Is your West Virginia community committed to building a healthier place to live, learn, work, eat, and play?
West Virginia Healthy People Healthy Places recognition gives your community bragging rights as one of West Virginia’s healthiest places. Pledge to apply today and get a headstart towards recognition.
Communities that pledge before August 15th, 2020 get:
- Early access to the 2020 WVHPHP application
- Connected to other members of your community who also want to apply.
- Technical assistance from experts to help you complete your application
Imagine West Virginia as a national leader and role model in building healthier communities.
Despite our state’s reputation for poor obesity and smoking rates, many of West Virginia’s cities, towns and counties have quietly been creating policies, programs, community-clinical linkages and systems changes that promote healthier environments in which their citizens can thrive. We believe it is time that these communities are recognized.
WVHPHP recognition doesn’t just give your community bragging rights as one of our state’s healthiest places... it provides you with a powerful marketing tool.
Here are just a few benefits of WVHPHP recognition for your community:
- Achieving these benchmarks makes your community a better place to live, learn, work, eat, play and pray. By improving quality of life, you’re helping to reduce healthcare costs and make your community more attractive to people and businesses.
- You demonstrate to your residents that their leaders are committed to creating a healthier environment. By taking steps to improve the well-being of your community members through participation in the WVHPHP program, you show them you are committed to creating a great place to live, learn, work, eat, and play.
- WVHPHP communities receive statewide recognition as one of West Virginia’s healthiest places to live. Recognized communities will be highlighted and promoted on the WVHPHP website and in press releases and articles in media throughout the state as well as receive signage and other materials to display in your community.
- You receive valuable insights into how your community is doing and how it might improve. Through our application process, your community will gain valuable insights into how it is doing and how it can improve.